Did you know that volunteers are the backbone of this ministry? Without volunteers, we can’t impact the community with a message of abundant life!
By volunteering for A Door of Hope you make a difference in the lives of the women facing an unplanned pregnancy.
There are so many ways you can make help! Here are the categories:
Client Services – Interacting with clients or students. *We will provide training.
- Client Advocate*: Options counseling and parenting/faith classes – Minimum time commitment: One-year, approximately four hours a week
- Moms and Babies Room: sorting, organizing donations including clothes, toys, diapers, and other baby items – Flexible time commitment: preferably weekly
- Abortion Recovery Bible Study Leader*: Facilitate a 10-week bible study for post-abortion clients – Time commitment: Periodically, 10 consecutive weeks
Development – Networking in the community, communications, and fundraising help.
- Church Liaison – Time commitment: as needed
- Assist with an Annual Baby Bottle Benefit
- Host baby showers, diaper drives or other fundraisers for A Door of Hope
- Coordinate care for ADOH clients in need, organizing meals, transportation, discipleship, etc.
- Fundraising Team – Time Commitment: Two to fours hours per week
- grant writing
- administrative support
- event planning and design
- Graphic Design, Social Media – Time Commitment: As needed
- Mailing Team – Quarterly newsletters and periodic mailings
General – Assist with day-to-day needs at each center.
- Cleaning: Dusting, vacuuming, bathrooms – Time commitment: Preferably weekly or biweekly
- Administrative – filing, organizing, data entry (basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office required) – Time Commitment: As needed
- Facilities and Maintenance – Time Commitment: As needed
- Hospitality Team (food preparation and event logistics) – Time Commitment: As needed
- Help prepare for open-houses, meetings, events, and other gatherings.
- Prayer Partner: Time Commitment: As needed
Medical / Legal Skills – Opportunities for skilled professionals
- Medical Advisory Team: MD, OB-GYN, RN, DO, NP, RDMS, PA – Time Commitment: as needed
- Professional Assistance: Attorney, Notary, CPA – Time Commitment: As needed
- Ultrasound Nurse*: RN, RDMS, PA, NP, – Sonographer – Time Commitment: Weekly commitment or as needed – *ultrasound training preferred but not mandatory
Have a question? Contact Beth Ann Reel, volunteer coordinator at, 302.394.90500 or email Breel@adoorofhope.org
You can also fill out a Volunteer Opportunities Form and one of our staff members will get in touch with you.