Did you know that volunteers are the backbone of this ministry? Without volunteers, we can’t impact the community with a message of abundant life!
By volunteering for A Door of Hope you make a difference in the lives of the women facing an unplanned pregnancy. If you are ready to get started you can fill out our Volunteer Opportunities Form, and someone will contact you.
There are so many ways you can make help! Here are the categories:
Client Services – Interacting with clients or students. *We will provide training.
- Client Advocate*: Options counseling and parenting/faith classes – Minimum time commitment: One-year, approximately four hours a week
- Moms and Babies Room: sorting, organizing donations including clothes, toys, diapers, and other baby items – Flexible time commitment: preferably weekly
- Abortion Recovery Bible Study Leader*: Facilitate a 10-week bible study for post-abortion clients – Time commitment: Periodically, 10 consecutive weeks
Development – Networking in the community, communications, and fundraising help.
- Church Liaison – Time commitment: as needed
- Assist with an Annual Baby Bottle Benefit
- Host baby showers, diaper drives or other fundraisers for A Door of Hope
- Coordinate care for ADOH clients in need, organizing meals, transportation, discipleship, etc.
- Fundraising Team – Time Commitment: Two to fours hours per week
- grant writing
- administrative support
- event planning and design
- Graphic Design, Social Media – Time Commitment: As needed
- Mailing Team – Quarterly newsletters and periodic mailings
General – Assist with day-to-day needs at each center.
- Cleaning: Dusting, vacuuming, bathrooms – Time commitment: Preferably weekly or biweekly
- Administrative – filing, organizing, data entry (basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office required) – Time Commitment: As needed
- Facilities and Maintenance – Time Commitment: As needed
- Hospitality Team (food preparation and event logistics) – Time Commitment: As needed
- Help prepare for open-houses, meetings, events, and other gatherings.
- Prayer Partner: Time Commitment: As needed
Medical / Legal Skills – Opportunities for skilled professionals
- Medical Advisory Team: MD, OB-GYN, RN, DO, NP, RDMS, PA – Time Commitment: as needed
- Professional Assistance: Attorney, Notary, CPA – Time Commitment: As needed
- Ultrasound Nurse*: RN, RDMS, PA, NP, – Sonographer – Time Commitment: Weekly commitment or as needed – *ultrasound training preferred but not mandatory
Have a question? Contact Beth Ann Reel, volunteer coordinator at, 302.394.90500 or email Breel@adoorofhope.org
You can also fill out a Volunteer Opportunities Form and one of our staff members will get in touch with you.